Saturday, June 1, 2013

One Tired Boy

I am starting this blog with pictures of yesterdays Albergue.



This was my bed, on the bottom left. Everyone had something hanging to dry.   I just paid them 5E to do my wash. Not much sleeping was done, every time someone flushed the toilet everyone woke up .  They are so loud!!!    Also I heard that I didn't say how far I walked on yesterdays blog.  It was 26 to 27km depending on who you ask.


This is the start of todays walk.   I love this sign It makes it sound so close.  Only 790 km to go.




Came across this cross something about Roland, whoever he was.  I think I should be looking this stuff up but I am  too tired right now.   I have muscles hurting I didn't know I had.  



One of many bridges to cross the river.   You can see  the water I had to walk through on the other side of  the bridge.    Wet feet again.


And here is another one.  With this one we only had to walk through the mud.  That's much better than wading through water up to our shins.

 

This is what today looked like, cold and misty.   This was supposed to be a day of down hill.   Ya right.   I just walked up this hill.   I figured out this Camino.  If there is a hill we have to walk over it never around, that would be too easy.   A pilgrim must suffer....LOL I hope I don't sound to bitchy.  

 

Another crossing.   Before this, twice I had to cross through water that was up to my  knees. So when I saw this I was so happy.


Don't STOP Walking a good sense of humor.


This is what the trail was  like the second half of the day. Muddy or rocky some times the mud was up to my ankles.



When I saw this bridge, I figured I had gone far enough.   This is the bridge at Zubiri.  It is famous for curing rabies.  The story goes if you walk any animal around the central arch 3 times it would be cured.   
I was going to go another 5km but the legs said no so here I am.   Today started with a headache and started to be a migraine, but I took a couple of lozenges and kept walking.   The migraine went away but still have a head ache. When I got here I was the first at the Albergue.   I took a bottom bunk, paid the guy to do my laundry 6E this time ( I know I am lazy), then went and had a sleep.   2 hours later I started to  feel like I might make it.  Today was 21km  and tomorrow is either 25 or 30.    Wish me luck.   
This pack is heavy!!  Today I said that's it, I am mailing this computer and all the other junk home.  But thanks to the 2 hour sleep,  I think I will go another day and see how it goes.
 Thanks for all the comments.  

6 comments:

  1. I would not be able to do it. I mean the sleeping. The hike, I could do no problem. But I need my sleep. Can't stand it when people are snoring, and those dorm rooms would do me in for that. Nope. Couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, but Kevin (or is that Ruth?), you could always carry a pup tent and camp out.

      Delete
    2. I thought the walk would be easy well not easy I can do 25km no problem but that hill was endless I have never climbed anything like that before. They were snoring by 8.30 fun.

      Delete
  2. We've had some pretty wet weather here as well, so you haven't missed anything awesome yet. Today is a lovely day with the next 3 days forecast calling for 17 degrees and sunny. I just might get some gardening done before you come home. :)

    Miss you babe. I hope you can find a hot tub for those sore legs of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do NOT even think about sending back that computer!!! Hopefully the weather gets a bit better for you! I talked to Taylor today too and it's been rainy and cold the whole time he has been in Italy!! Rest up!! enjoy your hike tomorrow xoxooxxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you can do it, just getting into better shape everyday.

    ReplyDelete