Saturday, June 8, 2013

Santo Domingo part 2


So I went to the Church,  I had to see for myself if the stories are true.


I did have to pay 3E to get in.   First I went to the tomb of Santo Domingo


Then I found what I came here to see.  There are chickens in the church


Yes they have 2 live chicken in there. It is kind of a long story.  I will try a shorter version.
Legend says a young man was hung for stealing, but when his parents came for him he was still alive, thanks to Santo Domingo. The parents went to the sheriff and said he is still alive. And the sheriff was just sitting down to a chicken diner . The sheriff said "He is no more alive then this chicken on my plate."   Then the chicken jumped up off his plate and started to crow.    The boy was cut down and pardoned.  From that time on they have kept 2 chickens in the Church.


 This is the pilgrims statue outside my hotel

4 comments:

  1. Very interesting.
    You are never too old to learn.
    I cant believe you had to pay to go to Church.
    Keep on enjoying yourself.
    Love Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey it's Trent! Just want to wish you a ¡feliz cumpleaños!, bonne fete and happy birthday! I hope your day was awesome! I'm also super jealous of you and want to do it someday. Hope your room is great and I also hope you're sleeping well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trent. You should do it some day there are lots of 20 year olds doing it.

      Delete