Saturday, June 15, 2013

Bad Night

Sorry every one but I had a bad night and a bad morning.   I was up most of the night with a migraine. It was one when I could not even have a swallow of water with out it coming back up. So I could not even take any pills for it.   It is by far the worst one I have had in the two weeks I've been here.   There is no way I could walk through this one.   It's 1:00 p.m., and I can finally have water,  so I will be walking tomorrow.   The Nuns let me stay in bed till 10:30 a.m.   That is unusual in an Albergue, the rule is you have to be out by 8:00 a.m.    I had to get up so they could clean.    I just went out side and sat in the sun.   When they were done with the room they told me to go lay down again and even brought me a tea. This is the best Albergue I have stayed at.    Not the best accommodations but by far the nicest people.    So if you are in Carrion de los Condes. Stop at the Albergue at Santa Maria.

People keep offering to take me to the hospital, so I must look pretty bad.

I'm starting to feel better, so I might take a walk around town later and take some pictures and buy some food.    Tomorrow is Sunday, all the stores are closed, so I will have to carry food with me.   


6 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. Take it easy and rest.
    Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad,
    I just typed a ridiculously long message for you here and the silly computer froze and erased it...grrr..let me try to recreate the emotional moment i was having (it may have already passed though..hahahha)
    First, WOW, I am impressed that it took this long for a migraine to knock you down! You have gone so far so quickly that a day or two of rest may do you well!
    We are at an out-of-town soccer tournament this weekend for Maddy. She's playing like a super star! 5-0 first game, 3-0 second game and we play again at noon tomorrow. I am assuming at that point will move on to the semi-finals and if all goes well, the finals. It is supposed to rain here all day so should be a blast! Maddy loves playing in the mud. Kennedy is gone to Toronto with Katie and Jess for a Taylor Swift concert--YUCK--thank God for Aunts!
    The point of all that is that I may not get online until late tomorrow and wanted to make sure to wish you a HAPPY FATHER'S DAY.
    I also wanted to tell you that I am so very proud of you for doing this. You provide such a good role model for my free-spirited girls. I hope that they are learning from you and travel the world before they settle down into the all-consuming adult world of responsibilities.
    I love you lots and hope you recover quickly
    xoxooxoxox
    your highly intelligent, sarcastic, funny, stubborn, hilarious, healthy, sensitive, sweet...did i mention hilarious?? daughter
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I new you were a sweet thing. Calling me a role model might be pushing it a bit but I do try.
    I did have some migraines that I didn't tell about because I didn't want anyone to worry. You know what they are like just think about having one and they kick you out and don't care. Its out at 8am and that's it. There is nothing to do but walk sick and all no fun at all.
    Wish Maddy luck. And tell her she is missing so much fun lots of kids in there teens and early 20 doing it and they party half the night. To be young again....
    Thanks again and Love Dad.
    PS is Taylor home yet

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL sweet is also pushing it for me hahah
    Maddy's team took the whole tournament undefeated AND with zero goals scored against them!
    Yes, Taylor is home now and back to the (not so) lovely real world!
    It has to be miserable walking in the sun with a migraine. I was down this week too and spent the day throwing up..walking would have been a nightmare!
    are you trying to get this done quicker or what? 42KM (YUCK)
    and you just made me that much happier that she chose to wait a couple years!!!! still TOO young to be out half the night partying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you have turned into an old lady. To young to party all night and what were you doing at that age. Oh I forgot your old and can't remember. Funny that I do.
      To make every one happy I only did 13km today really to make my ankle happy.

      Delete