Thursday, June 6, 2013

Logrono

I had another early start 6:30 and ended up at Logrono at 11:30.   I walked 28km today.    I was treated to the sun rise again this morning.



This is the first town Sansol its about 6k away.


A closer look at Sansol, and  as you can see, today there were other Pilgrims on the road


And the first Church, there is always a Church.


The water fountain outside the cemetery


I started seeing these wind mills yesterday.  You can see them in the distance


And this mountain range always seams to be there. Don't know if its the same one.


The wind mills keep getting closer.   I love the look of a row of windmills, it gives me hope for this planet of ours. 


An old cross along the trail.  I wondered if it is where someone died from years ago doing this walk?


It was rolling hill farm country for a good part of the morning.


And we are in wine country, lots of grapes


The second Church of the day


And this is the side door


All day long, you see Pilgrims

2 Australians on the left.   Between them, me and the young guy on the right we kept passing each other  all morning.    They actually walked faster than me but took breaks and I didn't.   Once I take a break I can't get started again.

Someone had to get rid of another pair of shoes.


Ok 2 pair


First view of Logrono, it is a fairly large city with a population of 120K 


And the welcoming commity.   That nest was only about 20 feet in the air


This is the line up for the Albergue.  The 2 from Australia and I am 3rd.


The 2 nice lady's that sign you in for the night


This is Jennifer and Keith.    I had talked to them through email before I left home, trying to arrange a cab from Pamplona to St. Jean Port de Pied.    They had already arranged to share a cab before we connected.  They are from the US, Georgia 


And the pilgrims feet.   I thought my feet hurt until I saw pictures of hers without her bandages on.....trust me you don't want to see them.


This girl had to go to the hospital today. All her blisters were infected. So no walking for them for a couple of days.


The main street here.  There is a celebration is going on.   I haven't found out what it is for yet.    


I was asked what Tapas are.   The next bunch of pics, will give you an idea.   They are all called Tapas, you never know just what you will get.  Theycost from 1 to 2 Euros and this is what they offer for lunch.     Most bars have them, remember bars are coffee shops and cafeterias are bars.  







The side door to the Cathedral


It is monster place the picture does not do it justice

6 comments:

  1. oh my.....I am sure those feet would be what mine would look like if I came with you. ouchie!

    28K...that's a long walk. At this rate, you'll be coming home early! :)

    Buen Camino my love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!What beautiful pictures.
    Hope you are able to get rest.
    It is raining here all day.
    Tomorrow night (Friday) I work
    at fish fry.
    Dont let your feet get like that.
    Enjoy.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos...Curious though, you clearly do not speak Italian so how are you managing with all of the food intolerances/allergies?
    How many times a day do you think to yourself "What the heck am i doing out here"? ha ha ha
    keep on trekking
    love you lots
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry...i did't mean Italian---was confusing you with Taylor (who IS in Italy)..HA HA. You are fine with Spanish xoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow babe, if you buy that motorhome we can spend the winter in Spain instead of Mexico and you can walk the Camino a couple more times. :)

    ReplyDelete