Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Leon

Good morning to all or good afternoon to the ones over here reading this. Today I am doing 2 blogs one of the walk and the other one of the birthday present that every one gave me from home to show them what their money went towards.   Thanks by the way, it's money well spent.
So this is the start of the day a light rain with a cold breeze.   I started around 6:30 a.m., after a terrible night with a rough migraine.   The first part was a trail along the hwy.



This is the first town and the bridge for the cars into it. We had a walking bridge over a small stream.


The second town was up on a hill so I knew we were done with the Meseta (the plains).   Then the 3rd town was strange.  It was part way up a hill, but we didn't go into it.   We went to the top of the hill instead.    I have no idea why they don't want Pilgrims in their town.   Most towns welcome Pilgrims, after all they are a large part of the economy along The Way.   It just felt strange when you were so close to a town and didn't walk through it.


Maybe they just wanted to let us know that we were done with the Meseta.    So climb the hill.


This is the first picture of Leon where I could see the Cathedral


And you could tell they have money around here because they had 9 Stork greeters


One was even waving at me as I passed


We cry at home about the cost of gas look at this 146.7 and that's euros


The old part of town still has part of the wall


The Cathedral is one of the bigger ones I have seen 


I went inside and they wanted 5E to go in.    I was not paying that so I just snapped some pictures. They did have some of the best stained glass I have seen


I liked this statue have no idea if it is of someone in particular, or what it's suppose to represent but it was neat


And this is what was in his hand


I didn't read what this building is.  When I first saw the statue I thought the one guy was holding a bat, but it wasn't.   It was a scroll I think


A neat water wheel both of the wheels turn


And this is where I am staying, the Parador


Today's walk was to be 18km but the Parador is a ways through the city so I walked 19.7km

2 comments: