Friday, June 21, 2013

Another rest day

So I am taking another day off.   The ankle feels a lot better than it did.   I was thinking about walking today but there is no place to stop if the ankle can't take it.   It's 22.2km to the first place with beds.   So I went for a small walk around here.    I just stayed close to the Hotel.   I kept the ankle bandaged and it didn't feel too bad so I am thinking tomorrow I am going to go for it.    I will just take my time and lots of breaks so I should be fine.   I think I am going to wait till 8:00 a.m. to start so it is warmer out.  That gives me 8 to 10 hours to walk  what is usually about a 4 hour walk.   
These are some pictures I took this morning on my walk.

 

The Red Cross was out in full force today they were every where. I was surprised how many people stopped and gave to them.


These next 2 pictures are of a Panarea.    This is your bakery every one buys their bread from them not the grocery store.



Another picture of the bridge, you can see the hotel where I am staying in the back ground.


I do like this place. It is surprising how many Pilgrims stay here.

4 comments:

  1. Glad it is feeling some better.
    You picked a nice place to have to take a day off.
    I help with the fish fry tonight.
    It is a beautiful day today.
    Take it easy for awhile.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just take it easy and let that ankle heal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try and slow down lets see how that works.

      Delete