Monday, July 1, 2013

Last night in Santiago

Yesterday afternoon I went for a walk and ran into Kirsten.   She had tickets to the rooftop of the Cathedral.    I went and got a ticket and had something to eat and went back to my room.   Then we met for the tour.
This is before the tour.   I  found the tree of life, you can see where every ones fingers have left a mark on it.     This was in the movie The Way.   It's been moved behind a fence and you can no longer touch it. 


Of course I had to get a picture of me touching it.


This was another column next to it but it looked good enough to trick some people into thinking I was touching it.   Are you fooled? 


Kilometer marker 0


And that's me eating.   See, I do eat.


This is from the second floor, during the tour.   In the old days this is where the Pilgrims slept.


And this is on top of the Cathedral, and that's our tour guide 


That's Kirsten


And that's me.


The views were great



This is the group that went with us



See that cross that is on top of the sheep?   Well the legend is,  if you walk under a cross that is on a sheep's back then you are forgiven all your sins.    I am forgiven!!!!   lol


And the long building is where The Order of Nuns live.  They never leave that building for their whole lives.   Is that crazy or what?


And this is a noise maker  from the 18 hundreds. I forget what they used it for.


And this is the coffin of the guy everyone came to see.   St. James

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a great tour today thanks again for sharing. Camino done what now?

    ReplyDelete