Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Cee

Today was a later start.   I waited until 7:20 a.m. for the promised 6:30 breakfast.   That never happened.    I talked to another couple that left at 7:45 they gave up on the breakfast also.    I still should have waited until later to start walking because the mist was so thick, at times you couldn't see 50 feet in front of yourself.     It was a 19.5km walk.     Even my GPS agreed with the distance.     This was one of the most scenic stretches that I have done.
As I was leaving town there was one more grain bin so what a better picture to start the day with.


At the bottom of the hill I got to turn off the road and walk the trail.


You can see the mist and that it's up hill


We were headed for the wind mills at the top


At this point I was thinking we were going right up to them but it turned before we got there.


A view of the river


And the mist hanging over the valley


It just kept moving around


Another stream at the bottom of the second valley


And then I came to the town where I stopped for breakfast. Couldn't resist taking a picture of another one


The trail just kept going up but it was a gradual climb so it wasn't so bad.


See the mist one miute it would be there and the next it would be moving on


Then I ran into Jason from yesterday so we walked together for the rest of the day.




You come to a part in the trail where you either go to Fisterra or Muxia


A cross out in the middle of nowhere.  Today was 12.3km of nothing but wilderness. There are no buildings that you come across. It is very isolated.


Down in one of the valleys you could see a small village.


This was the trail for most of the day


And it always seemed to be going up


The only thing they grow up here are trees


You can just make out some cows down in the valley


See what I mean about the mist it is just rolling in


Then at the top of the hill you could see the Ocean for the first time


It was exciting to see it. I walked across Spain to get to the Ocean and it's finally there in front of me


It was so beautiful looking down at it


I took so many pictures of this view.


I even got in one.


Great view and a long way down.   It was a steep grade going down and not the best trail.


And right by the Ocean....another bin

Not one but 2



At the beach


And 14.641 to go. I did think about doing it today but enough for one day. This is where Jason and me parted he was going the rest of the way today. I hope he gets to see his sunset because it is still overcast.


And this is my room for tonight.


So tomorrow is the last day of this walk.   I do want to see the sunset over the ocean.   The pilgrim tradition is to walk the extra 3 K from town to the point to watch the sunset, then walk back to your room after dark.   

     I have no idea how long I will stay at the End of the World.   If it's a nice beach town maybe a couple of days.   My camino will be over with 5 days left before my flight.

2 comments:

  1. Just about there.
    Beautiful scenery.
    Do you take a train from the end?
    It is hot and humid here today.
    Miss you.
    Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take a bus back to Santiago. then a train or fly to Madrid don't know yet which one

    ReplyDelete