Sunday, July 7, 2013

Back in Madrid


Yesterday ended up really crappy.    I had a migraine then went out and had something to eat, and got food poisoning.    So I didn't leave the room all afternoon. Got up this morning still with a headache. Went out at 6:30 trying to find a coffee, but no luck with that, nothing opened till 8.    I packed up and had a piece of toast and it stayed down, so at 11:00  I went to the train station.   My train left at 11:50 but the first train was only a 40 minute ride then had to catch another one and it was going to be a 5 hour ride but it ran late.  It was a 5 hr 25 minute  ride. Then a taxi to the hostel.  The Prado is suppose to be 1 block away but I am confused and have no idea which way it is,  Maybe tomorrow I will find it.  


The first train the scenery was nice


I never did see what city this was


Then the scenery change.  It looked hot and dry. This is a wheat field I think. When I started this walk the wheat was all green


And now they are harvesting



Not much of a blog today need to get this migraine-hangover headache gone. Maybe tomorrow I will see more and let you know. The sign I saw said the temp was 36 Celsius. It sure feels hot out. 

5 comments:

  1. Wow it must be hot.
    It is hot and humid here.
    It is nice to see the harvest.
    Will see you soon.
    Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get rid of vthat migraine and you bet good for a while. Just take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was HOT when i was in madrid. such a change from the coolness we experienced most days...
    have you asked your hotel for a map...make them mark where you are so that you can find stuff...
    i hope you find something to eat...that gallego soup was bland, i told you..i don't know it they have it in madrid...but soup in 36*C..!!!!
    madrid will be a transition area back to "life"...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think this will help me transition back to real life. I hate big city's Just a small town boy.
      I couldn't believe how lost I felt yesterday here. I kept getting the feeling I was not going to be able to find my hostel again.
      I did get a map but the guy talked so fast I am not sure of anything he said. So I guess I just wander around and see what I find.

      Delete