Friday, July 5, 2013

End of the World Sunset and back to Santiago


Yesterday afternoon I went and walked the beach.  Like I said, I should have done that on the way to town.


It was hot out I never saw what temperature it was but I am sure it was in the 90's. I even found some shells to bring home so next time ( ya right next time) I won't have to buy one.


It is just beautiful here


Not bad views eh.


Look what else I found

 I talked to the guy at the restaurant and asked what time sunset was and he looked in the paper for me and it said 10.17.   At 8 o'clock I met some people I have not seen for a couple of weeks and they were just heading up to the light house and wanted me to go with them, but I declined and didn't leave till 9:10.   I was thinking if I walked real slow and then found a good spot that would work great.   Great plan except the wind was blowing so hard up the hill that it was hard to walk slow. The wind was so hard at times it felt like it was going to blow you off the side of the road. Well I got there at 9.45 and found a spot but it was just too windy so I moved farther down the hill behind the light house where there was way less wind. And this is a picture of the sun when I got there.



You can just make out the people way down the hill sitting on the rocks.


This is how many people were right in the spot where I was. there had to be a couple hundred or more up there.   And no they didn't  walk up there.  Most took the bus or drove their cars.   There might of been 50 that walked.




The sun just touching the water


Part way in


2 thirds of the way


And it is down in this picture


And look what is still hanging on the aerial?

The walk down



So today I was up and out of the hotel  by 6:00 a.m. wondering around town.     It just didn't feel right not thinking about how far I was going today.    At 6.:5 I helped a woman put her chairs and tables out at one of the cafe's and she gave me my first coffee of the day.   By 8:20 I was on the bus to Santiago.   It took 2 1/2 hours and about 2 hours of that ride was along the coast,  so it was a nice ride. I sat with a girl from Indiana and was telling her about the umbrella and she says I took a picture of that thing hanging on the aerial.   How funny is that?
I walked around for awhile before I found a hotel.  They were all full.   Then went to the Cathedral for mass so I could see the incense burner swing.  BUT,  no!!! Still no swinging. So I get to go to the 7 o'clock mass and try again. 
There was this TV crew there filming the Cathedral with this neat helicopter.



And look how crowded the square is today.


So tonight it's back to church for me look out their going to convert me...haha!
Maybe tomorrow I will head to Madrid.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that sounds beautiful.
    You made it all the way.
    Congratulations.
    See you soon.
    Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it is a great country.
      And now its over

      Delete
  2. We can't tell you enough how much we have enjoyed your blog. Beautiful pictures and pertinent comments. It has been quite the adventure.

    Paul and Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I said the only way I would do this again was if Paul and Helen agreed to do it with me. So when ever you are ready just let me know.
      Thanks for all the comments they always lift my spirits.
      Hope to see you this fall or winter.

      Delete
  3. That sunset was gorgeous!

    What was the camera crew doing? Maybe they'll swing it (or already have swung it by the time you read this!) cuz of the tv crew...Man! I can't believe we went to so many masses and just kept missing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did swing that thing. The 7 o'clock mass was really 7.30 so I got an extra long spell in the Cathedral. I will put the pictures on here soon as I can. They were just trying to convert me that's why we were there so much.

      Delete
  4. Your umbrella is still there.
    Love the helicopter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great helicopter I would love to have one like that

    ReplyDelete