Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Olveiroa


So today I started at 6:45.  The first thing was going through this castle looking place.


And another Pilgrims statue


And another grain bin



Like always we had to climb the first hill.  This is looking back to where we started.


Near the top of the hill was this small Church


And another


What can I say I like them


It was overcast with a very light mist


We went so high I think we were in the clouds.


It really is just the morning mist you can see how wet the road is


And another


This is Jason the guy from Singapore. I walked the first 12km with him, then he said he had to slow down that I walked too fast. 


And more pavement


Off the pavement and on to this single little trail


Came across this guy sleeping along the trail


Now these grain sheds have changed from wood to all stone


I decided to take some pictures of the KM markers this one was 53.177 to go. But most of the markers have been removed I guess good keepsakes

And lots of these


Some nice views


More eucalyptus trees 


A little run down


And another fixer upper


You could see for miles


We could see a lake in the distance


But this is as close as we got to it


So after 7 and a half hours of walking I got here. This was one long day with over half of it walking on pavement. I didn't get to sleep till after 1 last night.  The bar was under my room so it was way too noisy.  I was dead on my feet by the time I got here.   I couldn't have gone any farther if I wanted to.   I have a couple of short days coming so I can sleep in and have breakfast before I go. Then just walk slow.
These next pictures are all from this town it is just a small town maybe 30 people living here. There was a few I couldn't get pictures of.  This town wins for the most grain sheds so far.











2 comments:

  1. I cant believe all the beautiful pictures you are sending.
    The grain buildings are fascinating.
    All most done.
    Good job.
    Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I only have one more day of walking

    ReplyDelete