Tuesday, May 28, 2013


Saturday I walked 6k on the beach, it will be the last walk there for 6 weeks. 


Then we headed down to do the Rankin Cancer Run. We didn't run, like most of the 11 thousand participants we just walked the 5k. That's Brenda in the centre and her sister Bernita on the left and my sister-in-law Patti on the right.  Leo was there some place but I didn't get a picture of him.


The 2 slowpokes at the finish line.


Then Sunday we went to the Niagara Gorge below Niagara falls. Brenda thought I needed to do some hill walking. She is right I did need to do more hills but it's a little late now to be worrying about that.


It's pretty amazing what great scenery we have in our back yard.


And I got to practise following the markers. The Camino has many yellow arrows that guide you. I found out I suck at this. I'll probably end up in Greece or Russia. I think I better follow some one else when I get over there. Maybe the problem is these markers were squirrels not arrows.


That's Lara and Leo, these 2  can get anyone lost.



We got to watch the rock climbers. Lots of them head down there to practise.  There are so many rock faces for them to climb.


Look at Brenda's walking log, I said she should get a walking stick and she picks up a log to use, too funny


Here they come climbing up the last stretch.


Well tomorrow morning I leave. I have packed and unpacked, weighed every thing 10 times, but nothing got lighter.    I removed some of those things that were 'must haves' when I started packing but now after carrying that pack I really didn't need.    And yes I am taking the tooth brush.   Because of all of you who need me to blog I am carrying an extra 4.5 pounds.  By adding the computer and a better camera it's hard to believe it's that much weight. Thanks everyone.  :)   So my plane leaves tomorrow at noon and then the long day begins.   I still don't know when I am suppose to sleep tomorrow.  Oh well what's one day with no sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Dad...you make me laugh! I am so very proud of you for this! and, although I yell at you often for it, am thankful for the travel bug you have instilled in your grand-daughter. Looking forward to watching your travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the extra pounds Gerry....but we definitely need you to blog. Some of us can only live vicariously through you!! And you are right....Lara and Leo can get anyone lost. It looks like Leo might walk right off the end of that rock. lol Try to stay in Spain....but if you end up in Greece...give me a call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you already babe. I hope your flight is enjoyable.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete